Radeon HD 5830 drivers

FBJ

Baseband Member
Hey,

Can anyone link me to the Radeon HD 5830 drivers so that I can install them when I get it?

Thanks.

I haven't got the GPU yet. I just want to make sure I'm prepared. I haven't been able to find drivers for my current GPU so I want to make sure I have access to them on my new one.

Alright you just need to go to ATI's website

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/drivers.aspx

Find your driver series download the drivers and install. And you will be all ready when you get your new card. But make sure you have your old drivers uninstalled before you install the new ones or you will end up with a lot of issues getting the catalyst drivers to install. I had this problem when i forgot to take the Nvidia drivers off my comp before installing my 5770 and its drivers.

Also its better to install the drivers this way then the ones that just come with the GPU because those are typically out of date and need to be updated out of the box anyway. This way you will have the most current drivers from the start.

Would I want to download the full software suite? How do I uninstall the drivers I already have? Thanks.

The full software suite isn't necessary unless you you want to be able to monitor all of the functions of your GPU. If you just want it to run don't care about overclocking it or any of its advanced functions the drivers will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom