Problems booting from Knoppix Live CD

ROSEBLOOD

Baseband Member
Problems booting from Koppix Live CD

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to Linux. My friend from school/work showed me Knoppix. So I downloaded the ISO and made a fresh copy. Its boots up fine on my Desktop, but when I try to boot it on my Laptop it always resets itself when it looks for the FireWire/USB devices (Its the first green bar that goes across the screen during bootup). I dont know why it crashes there, it boots fine on my friends laptop. I have an HP Pavilion ZD7000 running XP Pro if that means anything.

Anyone know what might be causing this??

~ROSEBLOOD

I'd say there's maybe issues between Knoppix and your USB/Firewire devices, they haven't reached an understanding :D

I was thinking the samething..But I dont have any USB/FireWire devices hooked up.....my brain hurts

~ROSEBLOOD

Re: Problems booting from Koppix Live CD

Well, Knoppix better not screw up on me. I have been downloading the Live DVD for the past 4 days or so. (been pausing). It's a 4GB download!

Re: Problems booting from Koppix Live CD

ROSEBLOOD said:
I was thinking the samething..But I dont have any USB/FireWire devices hooked up.....my brain hurts

~ROSEBLOOD

No, I mean your USB/Firewire ports on your machine rather than anything plugged into them.

Probably bad firmware or something, Knoppix have forums, try them.

well, this is my first post (WOOOOW gongratz!!)
but mabye I can help, Have you ever heard of this link?
http://www.linuxiso.org/
mabye you already know, but there is there is a chance that you have the wrong knoppix cd.
I hope it helped a bit, btw there is already version 3.6 and mabye you have an older version.

mabye....NOO stop with your mabyes, weirdo

aw that hurts, Dude

Back
Top Bottom