Problem installing Office

Most of the time software when uninstalled leaves behind reg keys and other assorted fallout. Seeing as Office is a purchase to use program you have to clean out the old reg keys first. It keeps seeing the old keys and as you see, it's pitching a hissy.
Auslogic has a good reg cleaner. CCleaner has a decent one also.
Try that then reinstall Office. If no joy then your best bet is to contact M$ Office support.

???
that's odd..
have you tried out Seti's solution?

Right Ok guys NONE of those solutions worked.... There is clearly an underlying problem. I mean the registry is like.... Screwed? But I don't know what I have ever done to it! This is really strange.

hmmm. I think this is a good change to give Google Drive a chance.
You really should look into it. it only needed less then 1 hour to convince me to ditch MS office.

You really should look into it. it only needed less then 1 hour to convince me to ditch MS office.

I will certaintly look into it! The only downside with that is is that I can't access it inside the school network :( #restrictions.

None the less. What should I do about my current PC's registry state?

Come on bikerecho! What do you have for me:)

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

What can you tell me BikerEcho?

At this point i didn't know what to tell you, so i looked up the error code you got. (Error 1402)
i found this guide online that might work out for ya.

it's basically the the same thing i already told you to try out, but this is a detailed step by step guide with images.
How to fix 'Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKNOWN...'

hope it works out for ya ^^

GREAT! This totally worked for me. I went to the registry key and subkey that was causing me trouble and set the permissions properly. This worked!

I therefore tried the installation again and it keeps on bumping into different registry subkeys that I apparently do not have permission to.

I constantly go to these keys and open them up and set the permissions properly. I always find I have to go straight to the subkey as if I just go to the key and set the permissions for that key and the subkeys I get this message:

screenshot.png

Why could this be the case? What do I need to do to fix this??

Because of this message I have to keep going to the subkey and setting the permissions up there. This will take forever as Office seems to keep bumping into registry keys that it needs allowed into... Solutions?

hmmm.
have you tried the trick on the "one step up" folder? (the folder called "container")
remember to hit the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" checkbox.

hmmm.
have you tried the trick on the "one step up" folder? (the folder called "container")
remember to hit the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" checkbox.

Yes this is what I do but still :(
I can feel a clean install coming on ...

Back
Top Bottom