powercolor 6950 2gb driver crashing

madanchi

Daemon Poster
I apologise if this is in the incorrect section.

Upgrading my vapour-x 5770 to a PowerColor 6950 (2gb version) I uninstalled all grpahic drivers as usual, install the latest drievrs for my new gpu. Works fine until CCC loads which then artifscts appear, crashes and finally force restarts. (occasionally it recovers after crahsing but then crashes yet again and restarts)

I've tried several older driver versions still the same issue.

I have to go into task manager and end process to CCC. It works fine without CCC running, probably not at best performance however? I got it today, and will return soon as doa if it can't be fixed.

I have stress tested with Unigine Heaven, no problems at all, ran very smooth and getting the below score.

Yeah, the 8fps when laoding a scene.
ungine2012test.png

Spec:

MA790XTUD4P
Phenom II x4 3.2ghz (stock)
Kingston 2x4gb ddr3 (stock)
PowerColor 6950 2gb
750watt psu

All help appreciated!

Try uninstall everything again, then make sure the ATI technology folder is deleted from program files, then right click my computer, click manage (this to double check), click device manager, look for your graphics card, has it a exclamation mark next to it? if not, right click it uninstall.

From then you must restart your computer and redownload this:

Automatically detect and install option and download

AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Install it, now download this

Download CCleaner 3.15.1643 - FileHippo.com

install and run a clean, after this run a registry scan and fix all errors, give the computer another restart.

If anything it maybe conflicting with another program, I also get ATI crash errors sometimes, but I think that's because I use rivatuner for my fan speeds and I normally set them to 100% and after 40mins or so on MW3 it may crash once in a while, but I'm sure it's my rivatuner and it could be your case also just another program? it's a pain sometimes

thanks for the reply! I've now fixed the issue shortly before you posted, I was going to come back sooner to say this but I got caught up playing games and testing out my new gpu for the day :p

I did exactly as you said as well, in that order too.

Back
Top Bottom