Is it possible that Windows XP deactivates itself ? Even though you use a legit key ?

cdelgado7535

Beta member
Is it true that even though you activate your copy of XP with a legit key, the system can deactivate it self ? I say this because about two months ago I installed XP Pro on a friend's computer and activated using a legit key, I even ran that oobe/msoobe /a and I got "windows is already activated). So, just recently my friend calls me up and says that when he turns on the computer he is greeted with that Windows Must be Activated screen...Now, how is this possible ? Somone told me that Microsoft could blacklist your IP address which will prevent you from activating other systems or maybe deactive XP. Is this true ? I really can't seem to find nothing on the web. Can anyone comment on the matter ?Thanks.

Not sure if I read that right, is the key currently in use on more than one PC? A license can only be on one computer at a time.

Also, if a key has been activated too many times, it will no longer activate. A quick call to Microsoft will resolve the situation 90% of the time and they will enable your key for activation.

Yeah I'm with legodude. I'm not Quite understanding what your asking.

I have seen Vista and Windows 7 Ask for Product activation for no reason months after the initial activation. I just agree to it and go on with my day, it's pretty a rare occurrence and it never happens more then once, possibly twice to a single machine. It also seems to happen after an MS Update. However I personally have never seen it occur on XP

There is a Windows update that I don't know the number of that will deactivate your installation (legal or not) for some unknown, Bill Gates-is-a-money-hog reason. When you get the problem resolved, I recommend disabling automatic updates. I saw a computer that got that particular update and it's background could not be changed from black with the "Ask for Genuine Microsoft Software" logo on it, and it kept ordering you and taking you the Microsoft website to buy Windows all over again. It wasn't a virus, Microsoft told me they put it on there. What else have those suckers snuck into our expensive Windows discs?

Back
Top Bottom