outlook inbox size exceeded

gib65

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm trying to help out a coworker increase the size of his inbox. He's getting messages saying that his inbox quota has been exceeded and that he needs to delete some emails. Deleting emails, however, is not an option in his particular case (at least, things get very complicated and I don't think it would be helpful to get into that right now). I've heard there is a way to set the inbox size to whatever you want (or at least to increase it up to a maximum size), but I'm not sure how to do that. If anyone knows how to do this, I would be very greatful if they could tell me how.

He's working with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP (actually it's Windows XP mode running on Windows 7 if that's important).

i believe u would get this message if the users outlook file is still using the old format which is limit to 4gb or something so u gotta convert it to the new outlook .pst extension and there should be no limit in size. google that info and try it out

Is the Outlook client being served by an Exchange server? Exchange can have user inbox size limitations that cannot be changed at the client level. You could try archiving the old messages, that might free up some space.

It was a false alarm. His inbox use to get messaging saying it was full, but the latest message (which prompted me to post this) is actually saying that the attachment he was suppose to receive was too big.

Back
Top Bottom