Is this normal?

boombaby

Baseband Member
Once upon a time, i was a Windows user. I mastered the craft. Picked up a Knoppix CD about a year ago and now I can hardly bring myself to use Windows. Is this too Zealous because it seems i am now a Linux addict and wouldnt even think at comparing Windows to Linux.

Did users in this forum experience a similar transition into Linux.?

Hmm....I'm still learning Linux, but I'm starting to like it more and more every day, I need to fix a few issues right now, but that will only make it better for me. Linux has quite a following these days. we'll see once I start using it more.

i have allways liked windows then i when on a live cd verson of suse linux and i don't know why but i liked it so much i ordered the new verson (10).

Tommy Boy said:
Hmm....I'm still learning Linux, but I'm starting to like it more and more every day, I need to fix a few issues right now, but that will only make it better for me. Linux has quite a following these days. we'll see once I start using it more.

Same here, i'm only still learning Linux and there is so much to learn !
Currently ... i'm still dual booting but hey, you never know if i was be solely dependant on Linux only :)

I am currently taking a basic Linux course in high school as an elective. After trying Linux, it feels complicated to adjust. Even trying the Macs in my school, its hard to adjust to a new operating system. I have been using windows all my life. I know there are more operating systems, but I am most comfortable with windows.

I used windows for a while, but after using linux in UNBC for computer science 100 I switched to it from both windows and Mac. I have encountered difficulties on Linux, but have found that for your average computing purposes there is no difference if you use windows linux/unix or macs. The only difference is that Unix/linux and mac are not nearly as vulnerable. I have been able to adjust, and I have gotten to the point where I miss my Enlightenment desktop when I have to use windows or mac.

I could use Linux...but I CAN't FRAKING INSTALL ANYTHING! I do't know why it won't install!!!

This is a disadvantage of other OSs (besides windows and macs). Most software is written for windows and macs which makes it harder to find software that is compatible with the other OSs. also in linux, you may have to use the shell and type in a couple of commands to install programs which makes it inconvenient.

I hate windows, detest it, that flaming green start button does my nut in. I cannot find anywhere to get the CD knoppix. Does anyone know where I can get it. FOR FREE. And if anyone has got a copy, maybe..you know :D.

Many Thanks

Shi**y Windows XP Pro
Intel Celeron
2GB RAM
Matrox Dual
100Gb

Back
Top Bottom