New Samsung Harddrive Cannot Put XP on it

touchmygunsx

Beta member
I just bought a samsung 300 gig sata harddrive. I used to use IDE and now when it ry to set up windows xp on it it says it cannot find any harddrives. another question is that on my bios it wont show up as sata it says 1. IDE Harddrive - none so how do i make it show up? is there a driver or something i need to download? also the only way i can boot up is when i have my windows 98 se (dotn have a actual windows disk, just an upgrade) an di have to boot up with that it goes to boot up with harddrive or cd rom then i click harddrive and thats the only way. I have a ASUS mother board VIA kt600 chipset athlon xp 2500+. How do make it show up so i can use it? I NEED SOME HELP

Did your new hard drive come with any driver disks in the box?

When you start the XP installation, you'll see a bit at the bottom saying something like "Press F6 if you need to install third-party drivers".

Try that.

it didnt come in with any disks. I tried to download the RAID controller and it has to be on a floppy and imma try that out. Ive looked up other formes and they said to downlaod that i was just seeing if anyone else knew something else. What else can i download do you know?

Back
Top Bottom