Need help with win7

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Hi guys I have windows 7 on my dell studio 1558 could I copy windows 7 off it and put it on my pc build I just don't want to pay like £ 100 for it thanks

You can't copy the windows files and move them over. However if you move the whole hard drive into a very similar computer it will work. You can also use the same key if you replace the hard drive. But you can't "copy it off" of a laptop and put it on a custom built PC.

Well how can I get a cheap windows 7 I have looked on eBay and the price for it is like half the budget for my build

It's not impossible, if you match the chipset, it will likely move over fine. You will have to re-active windows.

Sorry, I have to disagree.

Even if you used the same, identical motherboard on another machine. You'd never get through on-line, or telephone activation, with the other hardware variances. It would be obvious that the same Product Code was being used on two computers.

Not only that, even if were possible, it is still illegal to do that. Since you are in the computer hardware business, I'm a little surprised.

We have done it 1,000's of times at our store. Sorry you disbelieve. Microsoft will allow you to re-activate on a new motherboard. Circumstances such as an act of God (Electrical strike) do not warrant pruchasing another copy of windows. I would not post something that wasn't true or that I have not done myself...

REMOVED LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
you can install windows using the same software OEM cd to install windows but you would need to buy another licence for the computer there is no way around it to do it Legally pay up and save up :)

Back
Top Bottom