Need Help With Reinstalling Operating system. PLEASE HELP!

lazerblack

Beta member
I accidently deleted all of the windows components on a used laptop i got and now windows update doesnt work, and its asking me for a disc to reinstall some of the accessories and its just overall pissing me off. I weant to just rerinstall windows to clean out the harddrive of all of the eprevious owner's files. Now i was wondering if it will slow dodwn the computer if i install Windows Xp Media Center Eddition 2001, on this computer if it currently has Windows XP Home Eddition 2005, or if it won't make too much of a difference. Also i am really curious if i just reinstall this os, that programs like the build in wifi adapter and the trackpad mouse will not work. If it will not work, what will i have to do to get that to still function when i reinstall this OS. Please Help ASAP

Thanks, Caleb:cool:

switching between windows versions with the same architecture doesnt imo make alot of difference, not noticable anyway. Your trackpad and keyboard will driver themselves (using windows' generic drivers). However, you'll need another PC with internet access to driver for the wifi adapter most likely.

if you post the model of the laptop here im sure i can point you in the right direction for the drivers that windows wont find for you.

Thanks for that first answer but i'm not completely following you because I have the laptop if you really need the type I can tell you but how will haveing another computer (Which i do have) help me getting it to work?

HERES THE TYPE

portable_icon.gif
Dell Inc. Inspiron 6000 Service Tag9WKK981Express Service Code21560496049ProcessorIntel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHzProcessor Speed1.56 GHzMemory (RAM)512 MBOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows XP Home EditionOperating System Version5.1.2600

switching between windows versions with the same architecture doesnt imo make alot of difference, not noticable anyway. Your trackpad and keyboard will driver themselves (using windows' generic drivers). However, you'll need another PC with internet access to driver for the wifi adapter most likely.

if you post the model of the laptop here im sure i can point you in the right direction for the drivers that windows wont find for you.
portable_icon.gif
Dell Inc. Inspiron 6000 Service Tag9WKK981Express Service Code21560496049ProcessorIntel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHzProcessor Speed1.56 GHzMemory (RAM)512 MBOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows XP Home EditionOperating System Version5.1.2600
If you could explain briefly what i have to do while reinstalling this to make all of the things work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom