MCE Problems

3800Prix

Beta member
Hello all. Im a n00b and need some help. I just built my first computer and am trying to watch TV on it and after about 20min of watching it starts to skip a little bit. Then after 30-40min it will skip and stop and start alot. Then after 45min it will just stop. It won't freeze, it will just stop. If I mess with it, it will start again but will stop again real soon. Even when I play a show I've recorded. It does the same thing. I put a movie I recorded on a data dvd and tried to play it in MCE and it did the same thing. So then I played the data dvd in Nero and it played perfectly. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Also if it will help, I put the Tuner in the second PCI slot because the first on was blocked by my HDD S-ATA connection. The HDD is 1st S-ATA slot. Would it help/hurt if I moved the HDD connection to a different S-ATA slot and moved the TV Tuner to the first PCI slot? Thanks Again!!!!
My system:
Mobo: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
PSU: Hiper ATX12V 2.2v 580W
Ram: Corsair DDR2 800 XMS2 (1GB stick)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200RPM
Wireless PCI: Edimax Wireless
DVD Burner: Lite-On DVD Writer With Lightscribe (Two of them for on the fly)
TV Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-MCE-Kit NTSC Dual Tuner with MCE remote
Video Card: XFX Geforce 6200 LE

Oh before I forget I was thinking about buying another 1GB stick of RAM for dual channel and upgrading to a SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900GT GDDR3 Video Card

Have you installed all the updates from microsofts website? And have you got all the latest device drivers for all your components?

I've installed all the updates I could find and the latest drive too. I tried to find something on microsofts site but I couldn't find anything about anythings on there.

You need to goto the manufacturers websites for all the current drivers.

Back
Top Bottom