Many XP pro problems

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
well i just got a computer from a friend that came with intel celeron pro. win 98...but when i started it up it had win XP pro on it so i was like sweet..some of my problems are when i go into device manager nothing comes up just a blank screen..like the toolbar does..and the buttons like to scan for new hardware but nothings there..i click scan and theres nothing coming up...im stumped...second i installed a cd r drive and its not coming up in devices with removable storage theres nothing..maybe i did the jumpers wrong....third i installed a network card from my dell and i cant tell if theres a problem be casue nothing comes up in device mangager..and another problem i cant get online to download driver files for the network adapter..so i put them on a disc...the thing it is when i open the drive and put it in..the light starts blinlking as if is running the disc..but noting happens after...please help...thanks in advance

Sounds like you might need to reload. If it is XP for sure then see if you can hit F8 before it boots and use safe mode, or last known good configuration. Try those out and see if you can get it working. How is everything else working? So basically your having problems installing new hardware and seeing your device manager?

Ok this seems like a very odd situation the probably first thing i would have done after experiencing this as Adamorris has already explained is formatting and reloading the operating system back on, it should fix everything.

Interlaced said:
Ok this seems like a very odd situation the probably first thing i would have done after experiencing this as Adamorris has already explained is formatting and reloading the operating system back on, it should fix everything.
Geez, "typical windows users" I'm joking around mods... Well anyway... before you do a clean format try a windows xp repair and if it doesn't work, update your drivers. As for your suggestion about the jumpers causing the problem that is HIGHLY unlikely... actually probably impossible.

Back
Top Bottom