Looking for free Vista and Windows 7 images

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have two computers that I'd like to completely wipe. One runs Windows Vista, the other Windows 7. Both these OS's require an original CD to do a full wipe. Are there any Vista or Windows 7 image files I can download for free? And if so, how would I use them to wipe the OS's? Can I put them on USB and have the computers reinstall from that?

Thank you.

Hello,

I have two computers that I'd like to completely wipe. One runs Windows Vista, the other Windows 7. Both these OS's require an original CD to do a full wipe. Are there any Vista or Windows 7 image files I can download for free? And if so, how would I use them to wipe the OS's? Can I put them on USB and have the computers reinstall from that?

Thank you.
When you say wipe, you mean wipe and reinstall, right?

Legitimate ways to obtain this images without a product key (I'm talking about W7, you won't find Vista images even if you have a key) don't exist. If you still have a product key you can download W7 from the official site. Just Google "Windows 7 iso" and the first result (assuming this result corresponds to MS's website) is the one you are looking for.

Thanks AMD,

I don't suppose I can get a free product key from somewhere, is there?
Not that I know of. You may be able to find something from an third-party site, but the integrity of the files you download is impossible to verify, especially since Microsoft doesn't publish checksums for their images, so there is no way to check. If I were you, I would download a Windows 10 iso from the official site, which doesn't require product keys, create a bootable USB with Rufus and install. The best way to go by far. You may even find that Win10 works better than it's older siblings.

... If I were you, I would download a Windows 10 iso from the official site, which doesn't require product keys, ...
A Product Key is required BUT if you are upgrading from Win 7 or Win 8.x that Product Key can be used. However, you can't upgrade a Vista machine without buying a Win 10 Product Key.

A Product Key is required BUT if you are upgrading from Win 7 or Win 8.x that Product Key can be used. However, you can't upgrade a Vista machine without buying a Win 10 Product Key.

Product key isn't required to either download or install Windows 10, doesn't matter if it's a clean install or not.

Hello,

Thank you.

Sure you can download a Windows ISO file pretty easy and you can us stuff like WindowsLoader to activate windows but there be limits when it comes to windows update or genuine windows etc. If you plan on using these computers without internet then you can download a Windows ISO file of your choice then use something like windows loader to activate it and you'd be fine.

I prefer Windows 7 tbh Windows 10 is a pile of s**t in my opinion.

There are sellers on ebay that supposedly offer a "genuine" product key for less than a couple dollars/pounds depending on where you are.

There are also Linux OS options which are free and lots to choose from without no Micro$haft garbage product key required.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom