laptop won't recognize wireless card,

fast400ex

Solid State Member
hey everyone, new hear, to be honest, i mainly joined because i just needed some help with this. i have a Dell inspiron 2200, and i have a Linksys WPC11 V4.0 – Wireless-B Notebook Adapter Driver that my laptop will not recognize, nothing happens when i pop it in or anything, i have tried it on another computer, (Dell 1000) and it worked, but i cant seem to do anything with this one, i really need it to work so i can bridge connections so i can use my xbox live, i just payed for it and im going to die if i have to break down and buy a wireless adapter for it, (my dad won't let me use a bunch of cable for a solid connection.) anyways, i really need the help so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know

i also get this message,, idk if its related: "cannot find D:\setup.ins Make sure you typed the name correctly etc, then when the ok "

What kind of adapter is? USB?

If so that device could be disabled in the device manager or in the BIOS setting.

Could you give us a little bit more information about the device?

Also another thing I want to throw is, wireless B takes up a lot bandwidth and isn't the greatest. I wouldn't suggest to use it, but that is my opinion.

yeah, its all i have though, no its not usb, its liike a card i guess, it looks exactly like this
linksys-wpc11-wireless-network-card.jpg

You will need make sure that the adapter is enabled in the BIOS. I am pretty sure the slot is PCMCIA. If it is enable right click on on my computer and click mange. Then on the left column click on device manager and make sure that device is enabled.

PCMCIA shows up under that list, but all thats under that is "Texas Instruments PCI-1510 Cardbus Controller" when i right click on that i get the options:
Update Driver...
Disable
Uninstall
scan for hardware changes
properties
what do i do from here? or does this mean its disabled in the bios?

under device manager, when its not plugged in, there is a thing that says (under other drivers) "ethernet controller," then when i plug it in, another one pops up, so i assume thats it, now when i plug it in. (i checked, btw, its enabled in bios) it says "found new hardware, ethernet controller" but in the new hardware wizard, ehn it asks, what do you want wizard to do? i have the "install software automatically" circle selected, then i hit next and it says "couldnt find the software on your computer" and the two available options are: "yes, connect and search for the software on the internet"
and "no, do not connect to the internet now" i have the "yes" circle checked, then i hit next. and i get a "cannot install this hardware" message, and it says its because it cant find the software

Then you will need to go to Linksys site and download the drivers and install them. Then go back through setting up new hardware windows.

Back
Top Bottom