Laptop problem, desktop not showing

WildStriker

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm having a problem with my laptop.

Whenever I log in, the desktop is not showing and all I get is a black screen.

This happened just last night while I was on stickam when I lost internet connection. I decided to shut down and log in again to see if my internet connection comes back. But when I logged in, the desktop was not showing and all I get was a window listing all of my documents. From the looks of it I can access my documents, pictures, videos, etc. But other than that, my desktop is missing and all its displaying was a black screen, literally. No desktop background, no start button, no explorer icon, no trash icon, no my computer icon, everything. I don't know if this is a virus issue, but its very serious.

Does anyone know whats wrong with my laptop? This is quite urgent as I need it for university.

Comments will be appreciated.

might be wrong answer but right click "start" then "properties" and change the classic view and also make sure "hide inactive icons " is not ticked.. good luck

try installing uph clean hive. does it come back when u do ctrl+alt+del and new task explorer.exe

It won't explain the desktop missing, but see if explorer.exe is in your processes. The explorer is the task bar, icons, etc. That shouldn't effect desktop background though.

It won't explain the desktop missing, but see if explorer.exe is in your processes. The explorer is the task bar, icons, etc. That shouldn't effect desktop background though.

he said theres no start button or anything so maybe

Yes, but it would have came back on startup. It may be a virus, it seems most likely. I don't think you can remove it from boot. Just run your virus scan via the 'New Task' option on taskmanager (or however you figured out how to open applications).

Back
Top Bottom