Keyboard sometimes doesn't work when resuming from stand-by

CBJ023

Baseband Member
Hi all, I'm currently running Vista 32 (Yea yea I know I have to for now) and sometimes when I wake the computer from stand-by the keyboard won't work. The num lock light will be on but no buttons respond, and the num lock light won't go out, nor will any other lights (caps lock and scroll lock) turn on. The keyboard plugs into the purple circular slot not via USB. Today it happened and I unplugged it for a few minutes and it worked, but just unplugging and plugging it back in right away doesn't, I've tried blowing dust out of it but there doesn't seem to be any. The keyboard is old but has been treated well, I'll be getting a new one, but not for a while so I'd like to get this one to work all the time on start-up. Thanks for any help guys!

What happens when you shutdown completely?

What happens when you use hybernate instead of stand-by?

Have you tried your keyboard on another computer?

From shutdown I've never seem to had a problem. And by stand-by I meant hibernate the computer will effectively turn off, but resume on a click. No I haven't tried it on another computer. It was used on a older computer before but I don't remember having any problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom