Incredibly sluggish system after changing OS from Linux to XP (Solid-state netbook)

Andy-Laa

Beta member
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could direct me to a relevant download required for a solid-state computer when changed over to Windows XP in order to prevent slow waiting times; here's the details:

1) It was originally a Linux-run, solid-state netbook.
-- An Acer, "Aspire One" model.

2) I have since changed the operating system to Windows XP.

3) I have since been suffering from a ridiculously long waiting time for every function I try: every application takes well into 3-4 minutes before actually loading (I get the "Not responding" message in the status bar for minutes at a time, EVERY time).

I was informed that it was due to my not having downloaded a specific "patch" I believe the term was, that allows the operating system to communicate properly with the solid-state hardware.

I would GREATLY appreciate any assistance in this matter; I know it isn't viruses as, for one, this happened long before I managed to hook it up to the internet and I do regular malware checks using AVG.

All I'm really looking for is a straight-forward, free download link to something that can allow the operating system to communicate properly with the solid state hardware.

MANY thanks for any assistance in this incredibly frustrating matter.

Andy-Laa.

Have you had a look at this guide?

Thanks for this, however, this is a guide on installing windows and removing Linux on an Acer laptop. This is SO relevant, it's just not quite what I need as I have already installed Windows, unfortunately and so am in need - I am told - of a downloadable "patch" to sort out the communication problems between hardware and software.

Many thanks for posting this guide though, I will see if I can contact the original poster of this guide for any assistance (so far, no luck).

Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated by the way...

Cheers,

Andy-Laa

Back
Top Bottom