I couldn't remember my password

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiramcdonald

Beta member
I installed MS Outlook on my laptop some weeks ago. 2 days ago, I changed my password for Outlook. Yesterday I wanted to read letters, but I couldn't enter to app, cause of it demanded from me password. I entered it, but it appeared wrong. I've no idea how to be, My mood tends to zero...

Does it fail on the site as well? If it does I'm sure MS has some sort of password recovery thingy you can follow to get a new password.

You have a Google account? Google remembers your passwords. Look in the settings.

Oh, and welcome aboard. :)

I installed MS Outlook on my laptop some weeks ago. 2 days ago, I changed my password for Outlook. Yesterday I wanted to read letters, but I couldn't enter to app, cause of it demanded from me password. I entered it, but it appeared wrong. I've no idea how to be, My mood tends to zero...

Resolution to recover pst password might be a way from Microsoft in the following or alternative variant I found out from search machine.

It is called Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password - https://outlookpassword.recoverytoolbox.com/

To open the .pst file, you must enter the correct password. Remember that .pst passwords are case-sensitive. Try to remember whether the password that you assigned used uppercase and lowercase letters and make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is not on.

Passwords cannot be reset or recovered if lost. Microsoft is not able to retrieve lost .pst passwords.

Resolution to recover pst password might be a way from Microsoft in the following or alternative variant I found out from search machine.

It is called Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password - https://outlookpassword.recoverytoolbox.com/

To open the .pst file, you must enter the correct password. Remember that .pst passwords are case-sensitive. Try to remember whether the password that you assigned used uppercase and lowercase letters and make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is not on.

Passwords cannot be reset or recovered if lost. Microsoft is not able to retrieve lost .pst passwords.

Not entirely correct. I have done it in the past but by hell you don't half have to jump through hoops to get it sorted including irrefutable proof that you say you are who you are. I'm not critising MS. I'm all for thier security if you cannot remember your password and you haven't set a recovery strategy.......well tough I'm afraid. Bit like those who don't back up their important stuff and then complain when they lose it.

i store my passwords in notepad and on an usb drive. i use the google manager to run em but the thumb drive is off the system.

i store my passwords in notepad and on an usb drive. i use the google manager to run em but the thumb drive is off the system.
1 this post is from 2018, not sure why its reopen when OP hasn't said anything.

2 your joking about notepad right?

Had a phone call from an old lady that lives up the street. She had forgotten her Hotmail password and wanted me to sort it out for her. Up I pop and she is logged in to her Hotmail account. So I say I thought you had forgotten your password. She says well on my computer I have ticked the "remember my password box" but my password wont work on my phone. Okay what's your password say I. &*^%^£$&*&^(% says she. I bung that in the box and Microsoft immediately rejects it. She has four different password written down and Microsoft rejects them all. Okay Microsoft says they can send a code to her phone provided she has registered it with Microsoft. Excellent she had registered her phone. So I fill out the details and lo and behold Microsoft sends a code to her phone. Wonderful I say we are cooking with gas. I proceed to put the code into the lost password form. Microsoft says thats good and sends me to a page that then asks me to provide the original password before I can change her password. HOW IDIOTIC IS THAT? SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER HER ORIGINAL PASSWORD. All this happened to this lady AFTER she installed (well her grandson did) the Outlook app.

Oh and @ i2D I store my passwords, all one of them, in Word. I am 70 and I cannot remember stuff like this. Don't worry you will get there soon. Hopefully by then you wont need passwords. I use that same password wherever I can if numbers are required I just add a number or two or a capitol to that same password. Oh yeah I don't do any online banking. I do buy stuff on the web but the sellers have my card details anyway so the scammers could have a field day bad passwords or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom