HP Driver problem...

Kylothian

Baseband Member
Heya all

I need help with a problem. One of my clients upgraded their machines from windows XP to Windows 7 32-bit, now my problem comes when i try to install her printer. She has the HP5943 Photo printer. I cant find any drivers on HP site only xp and vista drivers, i tried both drivers i get an error message halway through the installation that there was an incompatibilty issue this driver is only for vista. When i plug the printer into the laptop windows tries to install the driver but then a few seconds afterwards it tells me that windows cant install the driver, cause its not avalible.

Can someone give me a link to where I can find the driver, or even the windows 7.inf files, or any other possible solutions.

Thank you very much:cool:

I had a similar issue. A couple co-workers who share an office had an HP they were sharing through an XP Machine. The one sharing the printer upgraded to Win7 and the HP printer stopped working, and drivers could not be found, HOWEVER, I ran the printer through the other (still XP) machine, connected the Win7 machine through the printer share, and it located drivers for Win7 via the share and voila ~ it worked. I spent days looking for a driver online and never found one. This was a pain workaround, but better then buying a new printer...

Back
Top Bottom