how to verifiy trim is enabled win7

stevethebrain

In Runtime
Update installed new Samsung SSD 840EVO 120GB my observations so far
Bootup time is almost the same as the HDD I'm not receiving the full benfit of the SSD
Because my LT doe'snt surport SATA 6 however I have observed quicker browser navigation.

Not sure how to figure out want SATA speed the LT or the HTPC operates out.
I looked in BIOS did'nt see anything related to SATA 1,2,3 or 6
Here's some specs on the LT.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371207,00.asp?tab=Specs

w/in performance Optimization I read if you'r current OS does not offer native trim support for SSD you can use Magician to optimize performance as needed.
My OS is Win7 home premium.

?1.I assume I activated trim w/ Magician? This is what I've attemped to verifiy trim is enabled.
In DOS I type this command “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify”. And get this message“fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
I also attemped to right click DOS promp for admin. Functions.unsucsessfull
Any tips on checking the status of trim is appreciated.
STB

Last edited by a moderator:
Please work on how to word your questions. It's very difficult to decipher what you are asking as the grammar is terrible and you're all over the place in your thoughts.

To go down what I can understand and help you with. There is no SATA 6. Just SATA I, SATA II and SATA III. Their speeds were 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s. Your laptop according to cnet is SATA 300, which would mean it's a SATA 2.

Acer Aspire 5742-7645 Specs - CNET

What happens if you run this?
fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

When you say "magician" what do you mean?

Please work on how to word your questions. It's very difficult to decipher what you are asking as the grammar is terrible and you're all over the place in your thoughts.

To go down what I can understand and help you with. There is no SATA 6. Just SATA I, SATA II and SATA III. Their speeds were 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s. Your laptop according to cnet is SATA 300, which would mean it's a SATA 2.

Acer Aspire 5742-7645 Specs - CNET

What happens if you run this?
fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

When you say "magician" what do you mean?
And get this message “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
magician is Samsung software that comes w/ there SSDs it's suposed to setup/configure the SSD.

Thanks for explaining SATA

Last edited by a moderator:
And get this message
“fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
magician is Samsung software that comes w/ there SSDs it's suposed to setup/configure the SSD.

You shouldn't need to configure the drive with software unless you are going to be putting it in a raid. Windows should just pick it up but you may need to install drivers of course..

Update installed new Samsung SSD 840EVO 120GB my observations so far
Bootup time is almost the same as the HDD I'm not receiving the full benfit of the SSD
Because my LT doe'snt surport SATA 6 however I have observed quicker browser navigation.

Not sure how to figure out want SATA speed the LT or the HTPC operates out.
I looked in BIOS did'nt see anything related to SATA 1,2,3 or 6
Here's some specs on the LT.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371207,00.asp?tab=Specs

w/in performance Optimization I read if you'r current OS does not offer native trim support for SSD you can use Magician to optimize performance as needed.
My OS is Win7 home premium.

?1.I assume I activated trim w/ Magician? This is what I've attemped to verifiy trim is enabled.
In DOS I type this command “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify”. And get this message“fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
I also attemped to right click DOS promp for admin. Functions.unsucsessfull
Any tips on checking the status of trim is appreciated.
STB

And get this message “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.

I've edited both posts, removing all the font formating. It makes it even harder to read. Please just use the default font and size. It's set to default for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom