how to reinstall os?

affey

Beta member
hello there,
Hello there, is anyone can tell me how can i reinstall the OS to my laptop? I havent got the OS in cd-rom. it does not come with laptop. How can i backup it? plz let me know?

i

You cant do a reinstall without your CD, so you will have to get one.

you can only do it with a cd unless you have a recovery partition on your laptop. depends what make and model it is.

You cant do a reinstall without your CD, so you will have to get one.

Yes you can. About 95% of the computer manufactures --> install a *special* partition on the hard drive so when your system crashes or becomes unstable or you want to format your system you can easily do this to your system. To see if your system has a special partition on the hdd you can press any of the "Fn keys" (function keys) usually F1-F12 will trigger it. Whos the computer vendor of your notebook?

If your just looking to make a back up for your laptop you should try using Norton Ghost or Acronis image to ghost you hdd onto a partition or burn it on a disc, once you have fully backed up your existing drive you can start removing unwanted crap from your computer as far down to just your OS if you so wanted, then back it up again and you would now have basic xp disc.
restore your current drive back from your 1st back up and your as you where.
You will now have one back up of your current OS and one back up of just xp OS

Yes you can. About 95% of the computer manufactures --> install a *special* partition on the hard drive so when your system crashes or becomes unstable or you want to format your system you can easily do this to your system. To see if your system has a special partition on the hdd you can press any of the "Fn keys" (function keys) usually F1-F12 will trigger it. Whos the computer vendor of your notebook?
Yeah, true, but he doesnt mention anything about that, and my laptops have never came with one, so wheres your 95% coming from? We can only work with the details were given, and these are really vague. Also in one sentence he is wanting to reinstall and in the next he is wanting to backup - two completely different things.

Before u will start backup all the data on an external drive.

To reinstal stystem use cd which u get with ure computer.

it all depends on what os u have and make and model like dude se said, if its windows, try to get cds off the microsoft website and back up ur data like thesilcerlink said

Chris

Back
Top Bottom