How I handled the W10 upgrade!

donetao

Banned
Hi Here's how I dealt with the W10 up grade. I posted this on the Techist forum. I may have posted it here also, but couldn't find it any where.
Give me your thoughts about this. I'm always wanting and ready to learn!
Here's what I posted on Techist!
Gary!
Hi Pezzy! Here's how I handled the W10 upgrade. I also did the upgrade to W10. I Tried it for about a week and I really didn't care for it; to many bugs for me. Before doing the upgrade I used a 3rd party imaging party(Macrium Reflect) to create a image of my OS before the up grade.
After the upgrade to W10, I created a image of W10 with Macrium Reflect. I used my image of W7 to roll back my OS. I have used the W10 image to roll back to W10. I can go back and forth when ever I choose. I also created a flash with W10 and a DVD with W10 on it. I think I have covered all my bases. When and if I decide to go back to W10, I'll probably use the Image and then do a restore to factory with the W10 reset option.
I haven't tried the reset option, but that's my plan. As I stated I think I have all bases covered.
I think your post is probably accurate and you shouldn't have any trouble. Actually the way I understand W10 is there will no longer be a key for windows and MS has the information it needs after you done the upgrade.
That's the way I understand all this W10 BS. Please post back with your results as it will be a big help for other members!
Gary!
PS Your comments are always welcome and correct me where I'm wrong.;)
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/official-windows-10-thread-272708/index40.html#post2157924

Give this some thought! LOL!
http://www.computerworld.com/articl...reasons-not-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-yet.html

Last edited:
Wow! I can't believe this thread hasn't gotten one reply. Not one agreement or a non-agreement. I guess W10 is old news and doesn't draw any interest any more.
Maybe I'm on the ignore list!
Let me ask this question then!
Has anyone used the reset feature in W10? I haven't yet. Wondering if anyone has and what was your experience with the reset feature??
Has everyone here went to sleep. I'm not seeing near the activity that was going on.
It's really very boring here!
How System Restore & Factory Reset Work in Windows 10
Have you used the Windows 10 restore, refresh and reset system functions? Did you run into any problems, or were you impressed with how well it worked?
You've upgraded to Windows 10, or you're about to. But once you've made the change, you want to be certain that you can backup and restore your data quickly and conveniently. System Restore and Factory Reset have been included in Windows 10, and are better than they were in Windows 8.x.
Microsoft is so confident in the restore, refresh, and reset tools packaged into the new version of Windows that there is no longer a recovery partition. Whereas in Windows 8 you could use a recovery image on a hidden disk partition to restore the operating system, this is no longer possible under Windows 10.
I will leave the rest up to you! Surely someone here has a comment about the reset feature. You all haven't died on me, have you??

Hi! OK! Just put this thread in archives. Lack of interest from members!! Thought it might get one comment?? Guess not!
Gary!

I used the restore Gary it took about 15 minutes or less and I was back to where I was before upgrading. I could have used image file but decided to see how this worked. Like you I made an image file before upgrading and then after arriving at Windows 10 intending for future use. I doubt I will be back to Windows 10 until next year though and most likely will do a clean install.

Hi Rich! Still not sure! You used the the feature provided by the up grade, to rollback to W7 and not the image you created. Is that right. Sorry friend. I seem to be thick headed today! Do you have a rescue CD to boot into Macrium if you need it??

Back
Top Bottom