How to convert my singing to a music file?

justukyte

Beta member
I'm no musician, so I can't really write any sheet music or tell the difference between certain notes.
It's just that I have these moments when there is a melody in my head which is sometimes completely unknown and I really want to write it down. So far I have tried recording my own voice at least to remember the melody, but I don't know how to transcribe it. I've tried using various programs to write the melody myself (without inputing the file), but it's no use cause it's not that accurate and completely different from what I had in mind.

What I'm asking for is if you know any programs that could convert my voice recording into a melody played by a desired instrument (e.g. piano, violin, etc.)?

Any reply could come of use. Thank you in advance! :)

BTW, I posted this on Yahoo Answers some time ago, but got misunderstood cause the answerer thought I was looking for a way to put a vocal on karaoke songs. What I'm actually looking for is a way to write music without knowing how to properly write it. ;)

I'm no musician, so I can't really write any sheet music or tell the difference between certain notes.
It's just that I have these moments when there is a melody in my head which is sometimes completely unknown and I really want to write it down. So far I have tried recording my own voice at least to remember the melody, but I don't know how to transcribe it. I've tried using various programs to write the melody myself (without inputing the file), but it's no use cause it's not that accurate and completely different from what I had in mind.

What I'm asking for is if you know any programs that could convert my voice recording into a melody played by a desired instrument (e.g. piano, violin, etc.)?

Any reply could come of use. Thank you in advance! :)

BTW, I posted this on Yahoo Answers some time ago, but got misunderstood cause the answerer thought I was looking for a way to put a vocal on karaoke songs. What I'm actually looking for is a way to write music without knowing how to properly write it. ;)

I found this for you: Converting Audio, CD and mp3 files to Sheet Music

Back
Top Bottom