helppp i got some issues with xp start up

thenumba1desi

Solid State Member
okay so the deal is im running on XP with SP2 on it and the issue is when i do auto update it downloads something of microsofts website... this makes it so that when i try to start up it will go to the windows loading screen then go black, and then restart my comp and if i leave it on it will do this for an infinite amount of time... whats wrong? is it microsoft thats got something on their site thats not good? somebody help please !! i hate this prob i had to shut off automatic updates because of this. This is the only way my computer will start up properly!

From what I gather, correct me if i'm wrong, this has happened before? Can you escape to the loading screen (no loading splash) to see where it is exactly messing up?

no i cant escape the loading screen but i can do the whole safemode thing... but obviously i dont know what to take out in safe mode if i dont know what the problem is..

Go into control panel>add/remove programs, and take out one update at a time. Each time you do this, try to go into Windows normally. If it's not a Windows update issue, there is another software/hardware issue causing the infinite reboot.

Set auto updates to download, but let you choose when to install them. See if that takes care of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom