help required please

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I have had a window appear on my screen that is headed 'Windows PCBackup Wizard' Unlimited PC backup.

I don't know how or where this has come from but there is no red cross in the corner that I can click on to get rid of it. I can't move it around my screen to get it out of my way either.

Does anyone know how I can close this down please?

EDIT: I have turned the machine off and rebooted and the problem seems to have gone away now.

2nd EDIT: It's turned up again and I really don't want to keep turning the machine off and on so if anyone can help it will be much appreciated. Thank you. A reminder box came up first but I just closed that down and didn't say OK to it but the original problem reappeared anyway.

Last edited:
Well i'm not familiar with Windows 10, but if that window popped up on me, i would open up task manager and shut down the process that way.

Next i would go to control panel and see about un-installing that program, but that's just me.

Programs that I never ever use, I just un-install them.

Hi strollin, extremely helpful as ever, thank you. This really does look pretty messy. I am thinking that I might do a new 'clean install' of Windows 10 again. This will eliminate the need for me to mess about with the registry to get rid of the so called 'leftovers' and presumably this method will re format the drive and give me a nice clean start again. It shouldn't take me too long to do this. An thoughts?
Thanks again for your help. Thank you too mr mixx.

Good idea to do a clean install if you are having trouble removing it. Be sure to have all your important files backed up.

I'm sure that would fix it, but sounds like overkill to me. I'd just run Malwarebytes and that'd probably be the end of it.

I'm sure that would fix it, but sounds like overkill to me. I'd just run Malwarebytes and that'd probably be the end of it.

Yes I have run malwarebytes and cccleaner and it does seem to have done the trick. It was all definitely very messy. Thanks for all the help.

run the following:

RKill (free version) RUN THIS FIRST!!
Malwarebytes (free version) custom scan including rootkits
restart
RKill again
ADWCleaner (free version)
restart
Rkill again
Avast Antivirus (free version) BOOT time scan (not in windows)
CCleaner

Before you do this go into add/remove programs in control panel and remove anything that looks suspicious or that you do not want.

Like strollin said it's a kind of unwanted program that often comes bundled with something else. They're sneaky because often you agree to have it installed in the setup without even realising it.

When you're clicking Next always read what's in front of you; I've seen a few times Terms & Conditions (That nobody reads) relating to another software, often "system optimization" software or some rubbish. Just click Deny on these and if should skip that peace of garbage.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I am away for a few days now and so will get back on it as soon as I return. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom