help in reading chinese in internet explorer 6

rNb99

Beta member
i've been having problems reading chinese language in my new computer which i just bought last week. there were no problems with the old computer of mine. someone taught me to go to the menu and click view and click encoding and click chinese big5 . the computer then tell me to insert microsoft windows xp disc and then it looks like it was installing something and then it tell me to restart the computer. i did all that but i still couldn't read the chinese characters and worst is there's no chinese big5 under encoding anymore. :confused:

i don't know what to do and can anyone please help cause i've got people sending me chinese emails at times and i wanted to be able to read them...

thanks everyone...

i never had this problem, hence i never had to or wanted to read chinese..but i think you can download and install the encoding...not sure though..
by the way, what do you need in chinese? do you want to enlarge the text so you can see it? or translate it? if you want to translate it, i know there are free websites that will translate another website for you...

no it will not be under view, go to the chinese site and it will prompt you to install the language pack...

Back
Top Bottom