help me please

elyk8

Solid State Member
Ok so I have my mom's old computer and the my documents folder is now gone. It was a network folder and the server was shutdown a long time ago so all my files were offline. I was recently using linux on it and I unmounted partitions on accident. Idk if this has anything to do with it but please help I lost 49GB of files

i'm a little confused. you say it's an network folder from the server that you don't have anymore, don't you think the files should be on the server and not on the local mashine?

if they are on the local mashine maybe you should try to boot up on another harddrive with windows or linux and access the harddrive with your files as a second drive.

The files have to be on the local machine but I think I might have deleted them cause I was in linux and I was trying to install it on usb from a live DVD and I uncounted partitions because it asked if I wanted to Idk if that has anything to do with it

might be. you obviously did something wrong. try what i said before.
if you can't find them on the harddrive you should try some recovery program.
deleted files are only really deleted when they are overwritten be another file.
how important are the files? if they are very important you might want to pay for some professionals to retrieve the files again.

Back
Top Bottom