Help

Drezz

Beta member
Hello.

My computer has started using the same program to open every other program or file. As an example, when i want to open "Cubase 5" from the desktop, every other shortcut/program on the desktop and in the "start-menu(?)" will be opened with Cubase 5. If I then decide to open Windows Media Player, all programs/shortcuts will be opened i WMP, unless I always choose a new program and so on.
It's quite hard to explain, but I hope you get it.

Any way to solve this problem, so the programs/shortcuts will open normally?

Kind Regards

Hello and welcome to CF!

When you're opening the file, are you right clicking on the file and then selecting "Choose default program"? You may be selecting a link, then setting the default program for that type of file (link/shortcut) to Cubase 5 or WMP. Try restoring your machine using System Restore under Accessories/System Tools and see if that restores the defaults. If this isn't the case, please explain in a little more detail although I believe a System Restore will resolve the issue.

I think you pretty much understand the problem. First of all, I can't select something as "Choose default program" - it's simply not an option if I right-click on the program/file.
About restoring the system, I've already tried that, but at some point it didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom