Hello.

monoteddeh

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm trying to quad-boot Vista, XP, Linux and Ubuntu. First of all, is this possible? I have a 1 TB hard drive, with Vista Home Premium installed and I'm about to do a clean reinstall of it. Second of all, how? I have no idea how to split a hard drive into partitions, and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this subject. Thats pretty much all the knowledge I have of this.
Thanks in advance

Welcome.
When you pop in an OS disk if you already have another one on your computer, it should prompt you to partition your hard drive. When I had Windows 7, I inserted an Ubuntu disk and I was then shown a bar map, where I could drag how much I wanted for Windows 7 and Ubuntu.
I'm not entirely sure how many OS's you can do on one hard drive, though.

And its as simple as that? There are no compatibility issues, software to download, or anything like that? Just insert the OS disks?

You should be fine, though it would depend on weather you have a 32 or 64 bit OS and how much ram and Hard Drive space is required.

I have a 1 tb hard drive and 4GB of ram... not sure what bit OS though. pretty sure its 64 bit.

Back
Top Bottom