Having problems with booting

Vike91

Solid State Member
My computer has stopped working.

It boots properly to the login screen, but after i login in, the computer just stays on login screen, and the hard-drive led blinks strangely. It doesn't flash, it just stays on for few seconds (2-10 sec), goes off for half seconds and repeats. The same happens on all Safe Modes.
Maybe some kind of hard drive failure?

System Repair does the same.

System Restore tells me that there are no restore points, although there should be, because i've set the system to save a restore point between 2 days. Weird.

Also, F-Secure Rescue disc does not boot Linux properly. :confused:

System is Windows 7 Professional. And I don't have a original disc, i downloaded this system from Microsoft with a genuine key.

What's the problem? Some kind of virus? Or a hard disk failure?

Well if you have a genuine key then you can download windows again from Microsoft, or you could borrow a friend's disc so you can reinstall windows.

Personally, I don't think it's a hard drive failure, most likely it's a windows failure, probably some sort of virus. What were you doing with the pc before it failed?

When you login try to press ctrl+alt+del and go to task manager. Select new task from the file link I believe (on my phone atm) and type in explorer and press enter

Well if you have a genuine key then you can download windows again from Microsoft, or you could borrow a friend's disc so you can reinstall windows.

Personally, I don't think it's a hard drive failure, most likely it's a windows failure, probably some sort of virus. What were you doing with the pc before it failed?

I installed 8 new games to Steam, then Windows started working slowly. Maybe some of those games have a problem?

Additionally, i accidentally visited a fake Facebook frontpage and logged in. (fake frontpage = genuine-looking Facebook frontpage with a completely different address than Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More)

Maybe that has something to do with this?

Back
Top Bottom