Graphical error installing windows 7

Cpucomputer

Solid State Member
The computer has a graphical cracked green screen with multiple other colors, this happens during the install and then I cancel the install and windows xp comes back in normal. Its a dimension 2400 512mb ram, pentium 4. I have installed windows 7 os on other computers with the same amount of ram so I don't think its a ram issue even thoe it does not meet the minimum requirement. I don't believe its a driver update issue, please help me in this problem, thank you.

Well, to be honest I don't know how much usability you intend to get out of a 512MB machine. 512 is ok for windows XP if you just want to use the internet but that is about it. It may be that your computer is not compatible with windows 7. Since your computer is so old Win7 would not have a proper driver for your graphics card (or integrated graphics). As for previous systems that you put Win7 on with 512MB of ram, well you were lucky. Your best bet if you want to continue to use such an old computer is to simply use windows XP AND get a 512MB stick (for dirt cheap) on Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom