Google Maps - Roads not displayed properly

LangarResident

Solid State Member
Hi, I am a new member. This is my first post. Hope you can help me.

I'm running Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion PC, and using Google Chrome for web browsing. For a little while now, when using Google Maps, the display of the roads, instead of being solid lines, are shown as lines of broken dots, see the screenshot.

Screenshot 2014-08-28 17.41.50.jpg

No other problems with my monitor or displays of anything, so I can only assume that it is a browser issue, I guess! I've got Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sorry for following up my own post so quickly, but having posted I found a way to update Chrome, so I did that.

Before, I had Version 36.0.1985.143 m

Now I have Version 37.0.2062.94 m - so I am now up to date, so Chrome informs me.

It didn't help. :-(

To check, I got Maps to show me an area in a completely different part of the UK, still same funny, dotty roads.

Hi, and thanks for the welcome.

Thanks also for the quick response.

Other browsers? Don't know, don't use any others. I'll get IE, FF or whatever, try them, and report back.

That didn't take too long! Didn't realise that I already had IE and FF installed!

Ok, nope, doesn't happen with these two browsers. The map in Chrome that I posted was of an area of Cumbria. In IE I tried Doncaster, in FF I entered Sleaford. No problem, as I say. Ok, back to Chrome and the Cumbria map. Clicked refresh. Ah-ha, no dots, proper road lines. But then I zoomed in, oh dear, the dots are back. Stay in Chrome, enter Doncaster. No dots. Zoom in, dots back. Enter Sleaford, no dots, zoom in, dots back. Back to IE, try same Doncaster, Sleaford, zoom right in test. Nope. No dots, proper road lines no matter how far in I zoom. Same test for FF, Same result. So it's a Chrome problem then - Yes?

Another example, just to show that the problem is consistent.

Chesterfield, then Chesterfield zoomed just one more click.
Roads are lines, then roads are dots.
Chesterfield - Lines not Dots.JPG
Chesterfield - Roads are Dots.JPG

yeah i think the problem is with chrome.
I don't really have any idea what it could be then.
Try to reinstall chrome.

That's weird BK 123.
Taking the suggestion about uninstalling Chrome - with no browser windows open, via Control Panel it tried to uninstall Chrome. Back came the message "Please close all open windows and try again." None open! Arrgggghhh.
Ok, humour the damn thing, do a Re-start from the Start menu.
Try again. "Please close all . . . " Blast it. So Shutdown completely, (from Start Menu). Leave computer off for something like 3 hours. Come back, switch on, before doing ANYTHING else, straight to Control Panel, uninstall programs, right-click Uninstall on Google Chrome. Message - "Please close . . . .".
So I can't even get rid of Chrome if I want to. I have no more ideas.

One thing you might try is booting up into safe mode, then try uninstalling Chrome....see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom