gateway laptop hdd replaced

gonemad

Baseband Member
the hdd on my gateway lappy went to crap for what ever reason,so I bought a new one,i did back up the recovery partion on flash drive a while back,is it possible to use it to reinstall windows 8 I tried to refresh and reienstall with no success

Ok, What OS was originally installed before the hard drive died, If it was Windows 7 then we have legal versions to download but no products keys but you can activate them using the key on the bottom of the laptop. For it to work say for example you had Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled then you can use the key to activate once reinstalled. http://www.computerforums.org/forum...igital-river-legal-download-links-224252.html

O.S is windows 8, (ANSWER TO THE FIRST REPLY) my hard drive died so I replaced it with a new one ,I backed up the recovery partion a while back,from the old hard drive.i tried to in stall window with it but it is saying ,,cant find operation system wen I try to refresh or clean swipe,so my question is can I reinstall windows 8 on the new hard drive with that recovery partion I backed up from the old hdd

Back
Top Bottom