formating c drive

solareclpse2000

Solid State Member
ok so ihave win 7 upgrade and in trying to load a new os.i have win 7 32 bit right now and im trying to format my hdd to load win vista 64 bit full version and then to win 7 64 bit.im trying to erase win 7 32 bit off right now and i put in myboot disk and went to format c: it asked are you sure y/n i put yes and now its asking me to please enter a volume number???? what do i do now? so my pc is sitiing here black screen at this point.please help.thanks. o yea and win 7 32 bit that i did have as my os wont load either now. bootmngr missing code

no list i could see.but i put 1 and rebooted loaded in the win vista boot disk it booted up ow im looking at the partition menu and i have the old win 7 32 bit partition on here still.what am i spose to do to get rid of it?

ok i just got it.there was a very obvious delete option on here i didnt see til now. so i deleted the old partition and am loading vista now.on my way again. now i noticed another partition on there that was only 9mb and it wont let me delete it or format it. is there a way to delete this partition later?

You don't need to delete that partition, it's a buffer that Windows uses when partitioning your HD and other drive operations.
In fact, it's not even a partition, it's free space. And it's only 9 MB.

Back
Top Bottom