External Multiboot

qah661

Baseband Member
Hello all. I just wanted to know if I can multiboot my pc with the second OS on an external hard drive. I know you can do it by making a partition on your internal HDD, but what about an external one. Please let me know if this is possible.

as long as the external drive supports an os being installed on it and as long as your computer can boot from usb then theres no problem afaik. think you need to do a few things to set it up though

If you succeed then put it in writing here, as Ive tried and failed several times, I started a thread on putting a OS on a external drive a long while back. I did come across it on one site that told you how to do it but it involved deleting and modifying allot of your OS files, way over my head so I dropped it.

Well, I called Microsoft and the guy told me that you can do it. I told him I wanted to install Windows XP on an external drive, then he said that you can do it by picking the default drive you want to install the OS, then install it. After that, you can plug in your drive and pick your OS.

I am still trying to see what I am going to do about this. I am a little scared. If I do try this, I am going to backup all of my files first.

Back
Top Bottom