DVD/Blu-Ray Ripping Software...

supernerd

Baseband Member
Okay, that does it! The past year or so I have been trying and trying and trying to find a software program for Windows or Linux that can successfully rip a DVD or Blu-Ray disc into a single .mkv, avi, mp4, or any other high-res video file so I can keep track of all my movies on my server. Then I can keep the discs in their cases, in a box and not have to worry about scratches, cracks, and the large amount of space my collection takes up. I have searched and searched and searched for the right program, even if I had to buy it. I bit-torrented some only to see if they would work and then I would later purchase one. All have failed. Most of the programs I've tried for Linux asked to compile a mess of required libraries and binaries. Still had errors and the config.log files didn't tell me shit.

"DVDfab" sucked because it wouldn't even do anything. It installed and showed the DVD with all of the ripping parameters to set. Then when I clicked rip disc...nothing. It just stopped responding. I went through all of my software troubleshooting methods but no cigar. End of story.

There are a couple of programs for Linux that had entire mess or parameters to set. It probably would've been easier to write my own program than to use the two programs I found.

"MagicDVDRip" was the closest program I had towards successfully ripping DVDs. It got passed the encrypted files on DVDs that were right-protected which was really nice. However the finished file (and the program only supported .avi and mp4 for high-res video formats) turned out to be so small of a resolution (480 X 360), it was literally intended for an iPhone or PSP. The account I had registered with it only allowed you to rip 9 DVDs and then you had to purchase another account. That was enough for me.

I am an honest person. I buy the DVDs/Blu-Rays and keep them when I haved/if I have ripped them, unlike some people I know that sell them once they have a copy of their own not necessarily ripped to their computer. I am also aware that some production companies offer electronic copies of their movies. Not all companies do this though. All I want is a program for Windows or Linux that only requires the right codecs, and maybe the different Haai Splitters to Rip (my rightfully purchased) DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. I don't want one with a mess of parameters to set. I don't mind audio and video codec settings or any technical configuration involving how the program runs, but nothing that involves interlacing, separate decoding and encoding processes, and anything that has to do with recreating an entire movie that I could spend $1,700 to do in Adobe Creative Suite 5: Production Premium. No thanks. Just a simple, straight-forward, and easy to use program good for an unlimited amount of uses.

I have looked on other forums but they steered me in the wrong direction. This has been bothering me for quite some time, so please show me the light to effective DVD/Blu-Ray Ripping. lol Thank You.

Try "BestHD Blu-ray Ripper", it offers an easy way to help you rip a Blu-ray movie to many common video formats such as AVI, DivX, Xvid, WMV, MPEG, MP4, Mp3 and WMA, etc

Back
Top Bottom