Dual OS

jdelk69

Beta member
I have question...
I have a 160GB Master drive and a 80GB Slave drive. On the master I use XP home. Can I put Mandrake on the slave and run the one I want? In other words...
Can I run XP or Mandrake by selecting which hard drive to start with?

Thanks
Joe

Yes! I usualy do it so XP is the default and have a the lilo linux boot sectors written to a floppy, so that when inserted, Linux is loard. You can even do it on the same hard disk!

David thanks for replying.
Here's what happened since I posted.
I changed the setup for both hard drives. I let the computer find both under "auto". I installed Mandrake on the slave drive, after I turned the main hard drive to off, for right now. After installation, I reset both to "auto". Now when I boot my system, a little window comes up and asks where I want to go: i.e. windows, mandrake, etc. All I had to do is highlight which way to go. Now I'm able to use both operating systems.
:D
Thanks
Joe

damn all you people at this forum are NOOOBS.

raid the two drives together

then partition them to your liking and dual boot

captain morgan said:
damn all you people at this forum are NOOOBS.

raid the two drives together

then partition them to your liking and dual boot

Was that not in all simpleness what he said? Except not to Partition! Many people come onto the forum who have differing capabilities. From this person David obviously believed that he could not do that - or would prefer, as he asked, to put Linux on one Hard Drive and Windows on the other.

Back
Top Bottom