Dual Boot Xp & Linux

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

here goes im completely new to linux hav never tried it but hearing good things bout it i have xp pro on my pc and want to know if i can dual boot with linux

i would imagine i would have to use something like disk shrink to create the second partition or will the linux setup allow me to do that ? n e ways i was lookin for a simple guide.

anova thing can u buy linux ? ? neva seen it in the shops is it illegal i know it can be used for alot of hacking ? and if u can buy it where but for now can u jus download it off a torrent site jus to c wot it like then i may buy full version or woteva ?

i jus noticed how dumb im soundin lol but thats only wen it comes to linux lol im not too bad on xp and general hardware and software

thanks

Linux is not Illegal to donwload off the internet.Ubuntu is a good Distro (Serach for it on google).its a live cd so u can boot off it.When you run the instalation you can choose to partiton you disk.From then wheneveryou computerboots it will come up with a menu off which operating system to boot off.Its quite good.

umm, your grammar is kinda confusing.
But just choose the distro you want and then the installer will partition the hdd and also load it's own bootloader so you can dual boot.

Back
Top Bottom