Does Windows 7 32bit have any advantage on Windows Xp 32bit?

alazar14

Solid State Member
Just curious if I should upgrade or not.

Does windows 7 run smoother than Windows xp when it comes to gaming?

here's my machine specs.

AMD Athlon 64X2 6000+ processor
Motherboard Asus M2N SLI DDR2
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 1gb

There's a game I want to play that is coming out soon called Final Fantasy XIV. The system requirements for that game are quite high and my computer as it stands with windows xp can only run the game on Lowish medium settings with no lag. Medium with lag.

So what I am wondering is If I upgrade to windows 7 but Don't upgrade my hardware will windows 7 32bit read more of my hardware than Windows xp does?

Here's kinda what I mean. When I go to my system specs my computer said I have 3.2GB DDR2 Ram, however I know I have 4GB DDR2 ram. Does windows 7 read the full 4GB or use them?

Windows 7 uses much more HDD space AND ram than xp. My computer I am on now is just for surfing the web and such. I upgraded from windows xp 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I love windows 7. But I only have 1 gig of ram. All I know is, if you upgrade your computer to windows 7, it will use more ram. BUT since you have at least 2 gigs of ram, which is recommended for windows 7 or vista, you should be fine.

I'm not sure if the ram issue is due to the operating system. It might be your motherboard or cpu.

Speaking to the differences, XP has more compatibility with games in my experience. However, the DirectX support with Windows XP stopped at 9c so the newer games will not look as sharp. Windows 7 is definately a must have though IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom