device update problem

cbachinger

In Runtime
Hi! im facing another problem

Another friend of mine has her multimedia and video controller devices with an exclamation mark in the device manager.

Ive tried using her recovery cds, but the devices just wont (or cant seem to) read the cds and reinstall the drivers for the devices.

And Windows Update (i assume with the school server firewall) doesnt seem to help either.

What else can i do?

Right click on the icon and go Properties and click on the driver tab and click the button update driver place your driver disk in and try that out. If that doesn't work do you need to install special software that came with it?

I have already gone into properties for the update option; thats what i did before.

Special software? i cant think of any for her comp and shes very new with comps. Do you think formatting and reinstalling windows MAY help? I hope to avoid it.

I also tried uninstalling the devices and restarting the comp, so it could hopefully undo a possible bug; so far no.

don't need to go that far (reinstalling Windows) did you install the software that came with it on CD?

Problem sorted out :) thanks guys!!

I had to manually guide the device update to the file myself in the end; doing it automatically wasnt enough.

Back
Top Bottom