Desktop Windows Vista dual monitor Mirror Mode

Bagzli

Baseband Member
I've been searching for a solution for a while now and everything i found on the web, did not work for me.

Basically i have an hp monitor and a samsung monitor hooked up and i want to make them mirror mode. When i first hooked it up, it was in mirror mode. Now I don't have an option for it anywhere. Only thing I am able to do is extend mode. Can anyone tell me whats up with that?

So to save some people's time, solutions that worked for others but not me are (These I found on the net) :

Right click the monitor in Display setting and select mirror mode. (I can only do Extend, the mirror doesn't even show up there)
Under Display setting on the left side under Task add a new display etc... I don't even have that option there.

In control Panel under Mobile something (forgot the exact name now) I don't have that anywhere in control panel because this is a desktop.

If anyone knows if there is a solution for this please tell me. I'm going nuts over here, because I really badly need it in mirror mode.

Try pressing Windows+P to get the presentation options. That should have the mirror option on it.

When I press Windows key + P all it happens is it goes through icons on my desktop that start with letter P...

That should only happen if the windows key is not depressed in conjunction with the P.... Try the windows key on the other side of your keyboard... Or maybe presentation options are also only available on laptops...

Wait, are both monitors on the same video card?

same thing on the other side of the keyboard. So i suppose you don't know the answer then lol. Thanks for trying

Ha! Suppose not! Windows + P is the presentation options, but again that may only be avail on mobile setups. Anyway, disconnect the second monitor and go to Screen resolution, click detect so it sees that there's no more monitor. Now plug it back in and click detect again. Windows Vista is supposed to default to a mirrored display...

Where do i find Screen Resolution? I only have Identify Monitors under Display Settings

Sorry, I used Vista for about ten minutes. Identify Monitors is the option you want

Ok it worked. I disconected cables. Restarted computer connected again and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom