DEP Question?

DMeis

Beta member
Hey guys so I noticed my games were running slowly so I checked my drivers to see what needed updating. I updated my video card drive (ATI Radeon 3200HD), with the Catalyst Control Center from the AMD website. After installing it Vista won't let me run because it says that DEP has closed it for suspicious memory use. Can any one help me with this?

You can add exclusions to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature. You do this by:
Select Start > Control Panel > Classic View > System > Advanced Systems Settings

Below “Performance” click “Settings”

Click the “Data Execution Prevention” button.

Go to the “Turn on DEP for entire application and services apart from those which has been selected”.

Click “Add”

Select the CCC.exe program in the appropriate program folder

Click OK

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I have two options: "Turn on DEP for essential windows progams and services only" (the one it was defaulted to) and "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"

I switched it to the second option and restarted my computer. I'm still getting the error however.

Did you add the program you're trying to run to the exception list?

Press Windows Key + R and then in the Run field, type 'msconfig'

Go to the Startup tab and you can find which program executables are trying to startup. Add the ones you want not to be blocked to the exclusion list.

Back
Top Bottom