Creating a home network + remoting to machines on said network

Tomawatts

Beta member
Hi there!

I have a collection of machines at home, which I would love to be able to remote to whilst working on them.

I'm mainly interesting in my windows machines rather than anyother OS's i have, so I have atm: Win XP, and two Windows 7 machines.

What would be the best method of creating a home network? Would it be to use the 'Homegroup' or 'Workgroup' feature on windows? Would this enable me to remotely access all my machines?

I bascially want my machines to sit on a network, I can access information that I need (One machine is a server), and remote if necessary to make changes.

Cheers in advance,

If all the OP wants to do is remote into his Windows PC's then the remote desktop application included in Windows is more than enough and works well.

If all the OP wants to do is remote into his Windows PC's then the remote desktop application included in Windows is more than enough and works well.

But that does assume that all computers are the pro/business version. Home licenses can remote into systems but cannot be remoted into through the windows remote desktop.

Back
Top Bottom