Corrupted instillation and can't re-install

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
I was installing The Witcher Enchanted Edition.

It is a two part instillation that requires me to put one disk in, then put the second in when the instillation is 50%.

I put the second disk in when it is at 50%.

Then my computer froze.

I got impatient and force-closed the process.

I deleted the "Witcher" folder and made sure I did not see it in my list of installed programs.

Now, days later, when I put the first disk to re-install it, the DVD drive does not seem to operate at ALL.

Now I am pissed.

Run CCleaner including the registry option to make sure all traces of the failed installation are gone, reboot and try installing again.

What happens if you put in a music cd? Will it read that? If not try looking into reflashing the firmware on the drive and all the cables are securely connected.

I ran the CCleaner and it did not seem to help out.

My DVD drive will operate with any other disk- I can place any other game DVD in the drive and the game will run, but I cannot understand why it used to work for "The Witcher" and now it doesn't.

I would place the disk in the drive, then I would see a window asking me to "autorun". I hear the disk spinning, then after a while it will stop spinning, then I can wait forever how long... then after about 10 minutes of waiting I take the disk out and give up/.

Something must have happened to your "Witcher" DVD. Try cleaning it or polishing it with Brasso.

Have you tried a system restore to a time before the original installation?

Back
Top Bottom