Computer Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you get a beep code from a Phoenix bios, it's usually 3 or 4 beep sequences. The 2 short beeps might be part of a sequence of other beeps.

I still have a no boot but it looks like the computer never wants to boot from the cdrom even thought I set the bios to cdrom first or after the floppy drive (I bought a usb floppy) and do not put in it a bootable disc. I am totally lost and do not understand why, since I went to the "administrator" the laptop does not want to boot or if I set the bios to cdrom it does not want to boot from that cdrom. Can anybody help !
Bernard

Please make sure your RAM is in working order first. I suspect this is the cause.

Since you have access to BIOS, what error messages did you get after leaving BIOS?

I do not get any message when I leave the Bios and how do you suggest a check the memory ?
Bernard

If you have more than 1 stick of RAM, turn on the computer with only 1 stick of RAM installed.

dale: you are right, all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left.

Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom