Color hate

You realize that is an urban myth don't you? Anyone can do anything and say they are a member of a non existent group to hide themselves as an individual.

The fact that there are people pretending to belong to the group doesn't mean the group doesn't exist.

I see it less of a group, and more of a "banner" for hackers to use. There may well be a core group of 3-4 people, but I'd guess people just use it to represent they're hacking "for the people."

Yeah. I was making fun of the baby hacker mentality.
People that are so stupid they think hacking is a cool use of your time. Lol
Or they think it makes them look cool to pretend to be a hacker wannabe.

we have a guy at work a bit like that.
I'll give him his due, he knows what he is doing, but it's the way he presents it that I find so funny to be ridiculous.
Bringing things like the Wifi pineapple to work.

On the other hand he does OSCP labs in his lunch hour, and it's genuinely fascinating to watch.

If I were younger and more of an idiot I'd be all over that red teaming stuff, but, i'm older wiser and just can't be bothered with it!

Wifi pineapple is useless against a VPN so it's really not much good anymore, more of a gimmick to sell a product to kids.
HSTS makes the ssltrip useless as well.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I see it less of a group, and more of a "banner" for hackers to use. There may well be a core group of 3-4 people, but I'd guess people just use it to represent they're hacking "for the people."

I think hacker is a silly term. They are just users doing what any user of hardware and software can do.
To me hacking is cutting in to a hardwired security system and bypassing it with electronic means. Algator clips and inducers.

Wifi pineapple is useless against a VPN so it's really not much good anymore, more of a gimmick to sell a product to kids.
HSTS makes the ssltrip useless as well.
[...]
They are just users doing what any user of hardware and software can do.

jon-stewart-huh.gif

Ten characters

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom