Chrome running slowly on only one computer

Edsterr

In Runtime
A friend of mine asked me to fix his computer as I have helped him out before. The problem was that Google Chrome had all of a sudden started running much slower than usual.
The first thing I noticed was that Chrome was only running slow on one of his two computers (both connected to the same network). The second was that it was only Chrome running slowly, both IE and Opera ran normally (by slowly I mean it took 2 to 3 times longer to load a webpage).
I then proceeded to do the following:
  • Disable plugins and extensions
  • Reset Chrome to factory settings
  • Reinstall Chrome
  • Check for differences in settings for Chrome between the two computers (for which there were none)
  • Run Speed Test (which clearly wasn't the problem as it averaged 110Mbps upload)

However, none of that worked, which is why I am now asking here, what have I missed? What might be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated,
Edsterr

Hmm, Check the task the task manager for any usual processes, If you find any Google the names and go from there..

I did that also, nothing was taking up a large amount of resources, and the only Google processes running were Chrome and Drive

hmm. that odd.
You could install chromium. It's kinda like a beta chrome. it gets updates before chome does. It's also installed differently... infact it's not installed at all. You download a folder, in that folder there are a great number of files. One of them is the launcher.
Because of this, it's also immune to browser hijacks.

Back
Top Bottom