can't install win xp???

pilotx

Solid State Member
I boot up from the CD , it formats fine, then it copies setup files and the computer restarts, after it restarts It won't continue installing windows but it starts over from the start.....over and over....plz help

When it restarts are you hitting the key to boot to the cd. If you are, don't do that, you only hit it the first time, after that just let it go. That's the only reason I can think that it would do it over an over.

When it restarts are you hitting the key to boot to the cd. If you are, don't do that, you only hit it the first time, after that just let it go. That's the only reason I can think that it would do it over an over.

I completly leav it alone and it does it anyways. I set up bios to first boot from HD and then the Cd drive so??????? I donno?

My understanding is after the first round of copying files, it doesn't need the disc afterwards. Try taking it out after the first part of setup and see if it finishes installing at that point.

My understanding is after the first round of copying files, it doesn't need the disc afterwards. Try taking it out after the first part of setup and see if it finishes installing at that point.

I tried it and it tells me that there's no system disk.

It sounds like your hard drive is dead, as stated in your other thread. Run the hard drive manufacturers diagnostic software to check it out, it's probably going to need to be replaced.

lol yer this happend to me before it just keeps looping.... so i sent it in to a computer shop to get fixed lol.

This is this hacked XP, sounds like it has corrupted your hdd
Never heard anything more weird about the pirated software! Does it what microsoft says? Or you mean hacked to bring disaster?.

@Your computer continies to boot from cd instead of booting from HDD, after the first restart you need to go to bios and check up boot sequence

Back
Top Bottom