cannot load m3u8 404 not found

frank55

In Runtime
Hi guys can this be fixed, in Win 10 edge,i have fubotv and most chan are good except one that says;cannot load m3u8 404 not found

in chrome and Firefox all good.any fix for edge? thanks

Try to clear your browser's cache and remove the cookies.
If you are using a proxy server for your browser, try disabling that.
Disabling plugins could also do the trick. I think edge has a safe-mode launch (launching the browser without plugins), just as Internet Explorer has.

Try to clear your browser's cache and remove the cookies.
If you are using a proxy server for your browser, try disabling that.
Disabling plugins could also do the trick. I think edge has a safe-mode launch (launching the browser without plugins), just as Internet Explorer has.

Thanks; i use edge and win 10 by default,i clean browser history no results and do not use proxy.

How do we disable pluggins in edge.

interesting i have a package of 13 chan with Fubotv Iptv ,weird that in Edge browser all run great except one chan that gives me the error; cannot load m3u8:404 not found

Don't know what a "chan" is. channels?

Cache and cookies aren't browser history.
You can see here how it's cleared in the link below. It's properly not gonna help, but give it a try.
https://www.wiknix.com/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-browser/

About plugins. Apparently Edge doesn't even support plugins yet.
Maybe it just doesn't work on edge yet. It's a new browser.
Is there any specific reason you want to use Edge over chrome?
Chrome is by far the most popular browser.

Don't know what a "chan" is. channels?

Cache and cookies aren't browser history.
You can see here how it's cleared in the link below. It's properly not gonna help, but give it a try.
https://www.wiknix.com/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-browser/

About plugins. Apparently Edge doesn't even support plugins yet.
Maybe it just doesn't work on edge yet. It's a new browser.
Is there any specific reason you want to use Edge over chrome?
Chrome is by far the most popular browser.

Chan=channels,as i stated Fubotv IPTV. and if i change from edge to internet explorer it does same.
Chrome works best? depends on the Computer and Hardware/software ,i have PC's that work best with Firefox,

but in this case i'm puzzled because in Edge on this iptv fubotv 12 of the 13 streaming Channels work great, except one that gives error; cannot load: m3u8 404 not found

I am afraid i can't help you much further in this. Maybe some other members can.

Never heard someone say "depends on the computer what browser is best"
You say you have a computer where Firefox works best. It's not so much about what hardware you are running.
Some browsers do take slightly more RAM to function, but it's still browser. It's not an editing tool or conversion software. It's a browser. You might have some clunky extensions installed on chrome on the computer that runs firefox best.

Chrome is the most popular browser. Mainly because of it's ease of use and features. Also the UI great and minimalistic.
But if you prefer another browser, feel free to use it. It's all opinion.

Last edited:
I am afraid i can't help you much further in this. Maybe some other members can.

Never heard someone say "depends on the computer what browser is best"
You say you have a computer where Firefox works best. It's not so much about what hardware you are running.
Some browsers do take slightly more RAM to function, but it's still browser. It's not an editing tool or conversion software. It's a browser. You might have some clunky extensions installed on chrome on the computer that runs firefox best.

Chrome is the most popular browser. Mainly because of it's ease of use and features. Also the UI great and minimalistic.
But if you prefer another browser, feel free to use it. It's all opinion.

Well you must have seen this!The solution is only the browser Mozilla Firefox because NPAPI plugins/flags will stop after Chrome version 45.I don't say it doesn't work it does but on some machines Flash player works best on Firefox

By reading my previous message i realize it kinda sounded like i was selling out chrome. And that's not what i intended. Firefox is great. Chrome is just my own preferred browser and it is intact by statistic the most popular. That's why i asked why you didn't just use Chrome if it fixed the problem.

Well you must have seen this! The solution is only the browser Mozilla Firefox because NPAPI plugins/flags will stop after Chrome version 45. I don't say it doesn't work it does but on some machines Flash player works best on Firefox

Mozilla is also dropping NPAPI support on FireFox sometime next year. Like Google did earlier this year.
And that's actually a good thing. Improving both browsers by dropping old habits.
NPAPI brings unnecessary code that have to be processed to the browser and it slows it down. It can also be a security concern.

I have never heard about flash player on some machines working better using FireFox. It's not true.
I could believe that FireFox itself takes better advantage of Flash, but not that it has to be a specific machine in order to do so.
Still doesn't matter because if an old HTC desire can run flash, it's not setting the requirements very high. Not to mention that HTML5 is replacing it. So flash support is also gonna be dropped one day.

Anyway, this is getting off topic. I'll let someone else solve your problem on MS Edge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom