Can this be fixed?

majo18

Beta member
Hey guys, recently i upgraded my OS. I wanted a fresh install so i formatted my drives and installed the upgrade. It works a treat, no worries. My issue is, i left a 1gb USB stick in a rear usb port that i completely forgot about, and now i cant access the information....when i click on it in my computer it says,

"the disk in drive f: is not formatted, do you want to format now?"
When i check the properties of the disk, it says its 0% full....:(

The stick has information that is important to me so i need to recover it.

Would the fact that the stick was inserted whilst i was formatting mean that i formatted the stick aswell as the drive?

Has anyone used a program called "partition table doctor"? If so does this sound like the program ill need?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

A lot of times when a removable device (like a floppy or a flash drive) has data but then says that it is not formatted, it can rarely be fixed as there are corrupted files. I don't know of any programs that can fix that while keeping the data.

try pluggin it into another a pc and see if it opens. i think i had a similiar problem before, and by plugging it into another computer...i was able to access the drive. Its worth a shot :)

I have tried pluggin it into another computer however it gave me the same message. Im researching some data recovery software at the moment..........my fingers are crossed...

Back
Top Bottom